2018 Program Highlights
We summarized our volunteer data collected in 2018 and the highlights can be found in this fact sheet (pdf).
AVID Method Resources
- Preferred Species-
- Written Instructions-
- Site Data Sheets- This sheet applies to all six plots. You will need one site data sheet.
- Plot Data Sheets- This sheet applies to each plot. You will need six plot data sheets.
Tree ID Resources
- Fact Sheets-
- A Beginner's Guide to Minnesota Trees-
- Minnesota Trees by David Rathke- https://conservancy.umn.edu/handle/11299/54799
Overview and Educational Materials
- This powerpoint provides an overview of deer ecology and the impact deer can have on forest health.
- This powerpoint introduces the AVID project, where it started, why we are doing it, and how to do it.
- Deer and Minnesota's Forests (5:50)
- Deer Impacts on Vegetation (5:19)
- Setting up AVID Plots (4:25)
- Measuring Seedlings in your AVID Plots (1:08)
- Filling Out the AVID Site Data Sheet (3:23)
- Filling Out the AVID Plot Data Sheet (2:58)
- The Value of Your AVID Data (1:44)
Submitting Your Data
(1) Scan your data sheets, or take a high-quality photo of them.
(2) Mail a physical copy of your data to:
UMN Department of Forest Resources
1530 Cleveland Ave. N.
St. Paul, MN 55108